Let your students discover the structure of DNA – just as Watson and Crick did. The DNA Discovery Kit© combines powerful magnets with accurate, 3-D nucleotides which make the kit self-instructive. As your students correctly join the nucleotides, they will "feel" hydrogen bonding. Teacher-developed and field-tested, the classroom kit contains 12 base pairs (six of each nucleotide). In addition to the base pairs, this collection also includes two Mini-Toobers, which allow for different properties of DNA to be displayed, such as unwinding the two strands to allow for transcription and replication machinery to gain access and the plectonemic nature of DNA.
Models in this Collection
- 2 DNA Discovery Kits
- 6 each of Adenosine, Thymine, Guanine and Cytosine nucleotides (made of injection molded plastic)
- 1 Stand (base and rod with supports)
- 2 Mini-Toobers
- 4 Mini-Toober endcaps (two each of red and blue)
- 1 black helix guide
Requesting this Model
Loan Time Frame: 3 weeks
- Use the calendar below to select a three week loan. Available times are shown in green. Select a date one week prior to the date you want the model to arrive. After selecting your time period, select checkout and complete the booking details.
- This loan includes both delivery and return shipping time. Please make sure to plan time (approximately one week) for us to deliver the model to you. You can expect the model to arrive approximately one week following the first day of the requested loan period.
- Use the calendar below to select a three week loan. Available times are shown in green. Select the date you want to pick-up the model. After selecting your time period, select checkout and complete the booking details.
Requesting Other Models
You may schedule one copy of a model for three weeks. Due to limited resources, we are unable to send multiple copies or additional materials.
If you would like to request a loan of a different model for the same time frame you may add this to your cart. Up to three different types of models may be checked out at one time. You will need to fill out a separate request for model loans with a different time frame.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions about the lending process or the availability of models.
Contact Margaret Franzen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 277-2824 with questions about the models, teaching resources or educational content.